Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I miss not spending this day with my family, but I am thankful that Bleu and Tausi made it up to Seattle to spend the holiday with Brigita and Indi. I just wish that I was there......... I am thankful for all the blessings this life has given me, especially my family. 

We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving today. We had our Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday. The galley staff prepared an awesome meal with all the traditional fixings and we had our first 2-day weekend. Unfortunately the weather was not very good so I spent it running in the “Gerbil gym” and watching movies on my computer. I ran 10 miles on the treadmill; it was a pretty boring 1 hour and 45 minutes. But I am on track with my training program for the half marathon in January.
Two of my co-workers Anne Borden (Nurse Admin) and Dr Mark Peterson

Dr Tom Hoffman
 The clinic is getting busier, we currently averaging about 20 patients/day. Nobody that needed to be flown to New Zealand yet. I am starting to think I am not going to do any transports at all this season. This was not really what I expected about the job here. It feels very frustrating and I am getting really bored here. 

Gallaghers which is one of the bars here in McMurdo on Thanksgiving
We just switched out our military flight nurse and aeromedevac tech. Now we have a RN named Chris who is stationed on Okinawa and Jay that is a reserve member from Oklahoma. They both seem to be very nice and positive about being here. They will be here until beginning of January when the last military group for this summer season is coming down here. 

Add caption

OB hill from Arrival Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment